The Corpse Bridge by Stephen Booth||Review

The Corpse Bridge by Stephen Booth

Pages: 480
Publisher: Sphere
ISBN: 9780751551754
Genres: Crime, Mystery

 The old Corpse Bridge is the route taken for centuries by mourners from villages on the western fringes of Derbyshire to a burial ground across the River Dove, now absorbed into the landscaped parkland of a stately home. When Earl Manby, the landowner, announces plans to deconsecrate the burial ground to turn it into a car park for his holiday cottages, bodies begin to appear once again on the road to the Corpse Bridge. Is there a connection with the Earl's plans? Or worse, is there a terrifying serial killer at work?

Back in his job after the traumatic events of previous months, Detective Sergeant Ben Cooper knows that he must unravel the mystery of the Corpse Bridge if he's going to be able to move on with his life. As the pressure builds, Ben doesn't know who he can trust and, when the case reaches breaking point, he has to make a call that could put everything - and everyone - at risk...

I am a huge fan of crime and thriller, so when I received this book as a gift from my friend I was extremely excited about it. Even though this is 14th book in Cooper & Fry series, but it was not difficult to understand what is going on in detectives lives or what happend in their past. This book was my first acquaintance with Booth, but I totally fell in love with his writing style. I absolutely enjoyed every minute reading this story and I want to explain you why I felt this exact way.

Firstly, I was fascinated by the way author portrayed stunning landscape. It was so detailed at times that I could easily imagine how everything looked in real life. In my opinion, every story becomes much more interesting when writer makes you feel familiar with the surroundings. And this is exactly what happend to me, I felt like I was standing on Corpse Bridge or walkind around the woods all by myself. 

Secondly, I liked how Stephen Booth was playing with my mind. He made me believe that murders might have happend because of some mysterious powers. Author wrote so much about the history of Corpse Bridge that in some way I believed that it was the centre of all the events. Of course I was wrong, but I think it just shows how creative Booth really is.

And finally, I absolutely loved Diane Fry. She is such a strong and independent woman who is not afraid to express her opinion and stand for her beliefs. Fry can easily be an example to all young womans who are starting new career or just opening new chapter of their lives. She made me believe that hard work definitely pays off.

Also the ending was great, it was a little bit unexpected and left me wanting to continue on reading these books.

Overall, it was an extremely gripping story, which I definitely recommend to all crime fans. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Komentarai

Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

My Life in Books||Tag

What Hides in Biography Books?

Lord of the Flies