Author who changed my life

 

 My mom taught me to love reading since I was just a little girl. She gave me my first book when I was 6 months old and I literally chewed it. Our home was full of books and I always used to ask my mom to read something to me. When I finally learned to read myself I was 5 years old and since that day my passion for books grew together with me. My journey started from reading fairytales, later I moved on classic books for kids, but when I turned 11 I realised that I want something more, I no longer wanted to read books that kids my age were reading. That's then I finally felt brave enough to take a book from a huge stack of  books. Those books always felt so mysterious to me, all purple, all had different numbers written on them, and also two words  which said STEPHEN KING.

Back then I was already interested in horror so his books helped me to form my personality even more. Some of you might thing that 11 year old girl can't like horror or read King's books, but we all are different and special so that's why we can't judge one another. However, since then I have read 5 of his books. I know, it's not a lot compared with how many he had written, but it's enough for me to absolutely love his books and his writing style. Even though these books are in horror, fantasy and Sci-Fi genres, they still taught me some good life lessons.

Here are the books I've read, and what I've learned from them:

1. Pet Sematary (1983)
You can't bring back the past. We often, actually too often, think about the past. We are slowly killing ourselves, because day to day we are thinking about what we've done or what we haven't done. We create perfect scenarios in our heads about how things could be now if we have done something different back then. That's why we can't concentrate on our lives and make them better.

2. 'Salem's Lot (1975)
You will reach your goals. We all have dreams and lots of goals in our lives. People get so passionate about starting something new that'll help to rech their goal, but if difficulties get in their way they just give up. We must learn that good things doesn't come easily and we need to fight for them. 

3. The Shining (1977)
You should listen to advices that your family gives you. Family consists of one of the closest people in your life. And often, at least a little bit, they know what you want or what you might need. They give advices because they want to help you become a better person or to have a better life. Of course I don't mean that you always have to do what they say, just don't think that you are the most clever person and also learn to accept advices and help.

4. Needful Things (1991)
Some people use you for their own needs. We meet so much people in a lifetime and they all are so different. That is why we need to be very careful about who we let into our lives, because some people these days think only about themselves and they don't care that others can get hurt because of their actions. It's very important to see difference between person who truly cares about you and who uses you. I know it's not so easy to do that, so over some time you'll just get stronger and stronger because of those negative people in your life.

5. Doctor Sleep (2013)
Life is full of unexpected moments. Some of them are good some are bad, but you can always find a way how to deal with it. If you learn how to accept those moments you can make all of it into something good. Everything depends on you.



Komentarai

Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

My Life in Books||Tag

What Hides in Biography Books?

Lord of the Flies